Angus Reid: Many Canadians Would Like to See Restrictions on Abortion
January 18, 2010 | Daniel Kanis
Some noteworthy findings of this new poll include:
- Only 1 in 5 Canadians are aware that there are no restrictions on abortion in Canada
- 45% incorrectly think that abortion is only allowed for the first three months of a preganancy
- Fewer than half think that abortions should be publicly funded, as they currently are.
- “A large majority of Canadians (79%) would back an initiative in their own province that would make it mandatory for health care workers to offer information to pregnant women about alternatives to abortion.”
- Read the poll results here.
Press Release: New bill addressing violence against women introduced by MP who previously introduced Pre-born Victims of Crime bill
January 31, 2023
Revised and expanded: Pre-born Human Rights Policy Report
November 28, 2022
Grading Horgan’s Five Years in Government
November 17, 2022
Throwback Thursday: Report Card for Canada's Conservative Government
August 18, 2022