Don’t Forget! Abortion Petition
Members of Parliament are bravely drawing awareness to the fact that we are one of the few countries in the world (along with China and North Korea) that have no abortion legislation. Add your voice to theirs! Attached is a petition calling on Parliament to restrict abortion to the greatest extent possible. Please print off many copies and distribute them at your school, church, business, and everywhere else. Also, please pass this along to your contacts and other pro-life organizations, encouraging them to do the same. The petitions can then be submitted to your local MP (no need to have hundreds of signatures – they can read them in Parliament with as few as 25). Please make this your goal for 2012. We need a loud and clear voice from Canadians in defence of those who have no voice.
- – Signature, city, and province are all that is required.
- – Any age can sign the petition.
- – Bigger is not always better. Longer petitions can be split into smaller ones (a few pages each) which will allow a sympathetic MP to present the petition in the House of Commons many times.
- – Make it most effective by asking to meet with your MP to discuss the issue. If your MP doesn’t want to change the status-quo on abortion, ask them to explain their views. Ask them at what point an unborn child should get legal protection. And ask them what difference there is between a born child and an unborn one that leads to the unborn having no legal protection.
- – This petition will remain relevant for a long time. Please keep at it and continue to drop off copies at your MP’s office.
- – If your MP is hostile to the cause, you may send the petitions to any other MP instead. Either way, ask the MP to let you know when it is read in the House of Commons.
Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done? (Proverbs 24:11-12).