Proactive Politics: Prostitution, Free Speech & Abortion Laws
Defend hate speech, get rid of our prostitution laws and compromise on abortion! What’s ARPA Canada coming too?? Come on out to one of our fall presentations featuring ARPA Canada’s newest employee, Ontario Director and Legal Counsel André Schutten. André hopes to explain from a Reformed perspective not only why, but also how Christians should be able to engage on these three pressing issues: hate speech, prostitution and abortion laws and will do so in three short, to-the-point arguments. There will, of course, be opportunity for questions and debate as well as a brief update on ARPA’s work in our nation’s capital.
- – Wednesday, October 26th – Toronto, Bethel Canadian Reformed Church, 8:00 p.m. Facebook Event Page
- – Thursday, October 27th – Guelph, Emmanuel Canadian Reformed Church, 8:00 p.m. Facebook Event Page
- – Tuesday, November 1st – Niagara, Wellandport United Reformed Church, 7:30 p.m. Facebook Event Page
- – Wednesday, November 2nd – Hamilton, Ancaster Canadian Reformed Church, 8:00 p.m. Facebook Event Page
- – Thursday, November 3rd – London, Providence Reformed Collegiate, 8:00 p.m. Facebook Event Page
10 minute introduction – includes a few comments on what ARPA is doing in the Capital and what André is pleased and blessed to do there on your behalf
10 min – Human Rights Commission v. Whatcott – To Speak or not to Speak: I hope to discuss the high-profile case that will be before the Supreme Court of Canada on October 12th. ARPA filed a motion to intervene in this case. I will touch briefly on the HRCs for a couple of minutes for the sake of context, but the focus will be on explaining why ARPA filed to intervene in the case, what is at risk with the case, and what we can do while awaiting the decision.
10 min – Provincial Pro-Life Legislation. I’ll briefly talk about the incredible advances we are seeing weekly in the United States, and what Canada must learn from the Americans and how we can follow their lead.
10 min – The World’s Oldest Profession: I hope to explain why Canada’s current prostitution law needs to be scrapped and I hope to reveal an alternative that Christians can support.
Finally, we will conclude with a 5-minute wrap-up on a few things of interest that all ARPA folks should be aware of followed by questions and discussion.