ARPA Canada is running a 4-month internship to train Reformed young people (ages 18-25) for political action.
As Christians, we seek to bring a biblical perspective to all of life, including politics. The ARPA internship equips young people to face the opportunities and challenges of engaging in the public square, providing both worldview training and practical political experience. The ARPA Internship is a unique opportunity to live in Canada’s capital, experience federal politics firsthand, and engage with political issues from a Reformed perspective. The ARPA internship is divided into two major components:
1. Worldview training
Interns will participate in book discussions and seminars in ARPA’s Ottawa office and complete reading and writing assignments to better understand what it means to be involved in the public square as a Christian.
2. Practical political experience
Interns will gain practical political experience while working half-time for an MP on Parliament Hill. There is no better way to understand Canada’s political system than to be directly immersed in federal politics.
Future career considerations
While the ARPA internship concludes in December, building a network in Ottawa will be valuable if you decide to pursue further work in Ottawa, in a provincial legislature, or in the non-profit sector. Even if you decide to pursue work outside of the public or non-profit sector, this 4-month program will deepen a Christian worldview and help you to be involved in our political system as a Canadian citizen.
There is no cost to participate in the internship components.
Interns are responsible for their own living arrangements and living expenses, and are provided with a monthly honorarium.
If you are interested in applying, please submit an application package including the following:
- Latest School transcript
- Names and contact information of at least two work references
- Name of one character reference (preferably a pastor or elder)
- Personal statement of faith
- Short video (no more than 2 minutes) explaining who you are and why you want to do the internship. Include future career goals and intentions for career growth.
- Brief explanation of one issue in Canada that you are passionate about, why it is a problem, and a Reformed perspective on the issue. (No more than 500 words).
- Explanation of what it means to be involved in politics as a Christian. How do faith and politics interact? (No more than 500 words).
Please submit your application to [email protected]. Applications close on March 30, 2024.Apply Now
Please Note: ARPA Canada is very grateful for any interest shown in this position. However, due to time contraints and other responsibilities, we reserve the right to not interview all applicants. The deadline for applications may also be changed as we deem necessary.
-The ARPA Canada Team
If you have any questions about the ARPA internship, please feel free to email us at [email protected]