ARPA Canada is hosting a one-year pilot internship to train Reformed young people (ages 18-25) for political action.
As Christians, we seek to bring a biblical perspective to all of life, including politics.
The ARPA internship will server to equip young people to face the opportunities and challenges of engaging in the public square, providing both worldview training and practical political experience. This eight-month internship will be divided into two four-month segments, as follows:
1. September – December
This will include a variety of lectures and activities at ARPA’s Ottawa office to help shape a biblical perspective on many of the issues we face in Canada today. In addition, interns will gain practical political experience while working half-time for MPs on Parliament Hill.
Interns will be placed full time with MPPs or MLAs
in one of Canada’s provincial legislatures.
There is no cost to participate in the internship components.
Interns will be responsible for their own living arrangements and living expenses, and will be provided with a small monthly honorarium.
If you are interested in applying, please submit an application package including the following:
- Latest School transcript
- Names and contact information of at least two work references
- Name of one character reference (preferably a pastor or elder)
- Personal statement of faith
- Short video (no more than 2 minutes) explaining who you are and why you want to do the internship. Include future career goals and intentions for career growth.
- Brief explanation of one issue in Canada that you are passionate about, why it is a problem, and a Reformed perspective on the issue. (No more than 500 words).
- Explanation of what it means to be involved in politics as a Christian. How do faith and politics interact? (No more than 500 words).
The application deadline is March 31, 2023.
Application Packages can be submitted to [email protected].
Please Note: ARPA Canada is very grateful for any interest shown in this posistion. However, due to time contraints and other responsibilities, we reserve the right to not interview all applicants. The deadline for applications may also be changed as we deem necessary.
-The ARPA Canada Team
If you have any questions about the ARPA internship, please feel free to email us at [email protected]