18 Jan 2010 Angus Reid: Many Canadians Would Like to See Restrictions on Abortion
Some noteworthy findings of this new poll include:
- Only 1 in 5 Canadians are aware that there are no restrictions on abortion in Canada
- 45% incorrectly think that abortion is only allowed for the first three months of a preganancy
- Fewer than half think that abortions should be publicly funded, as they currently are.
- “A large majority of Canadians (79%) would back an initiative in their own province that would make it mandatory for health care workers to offer information to pregnant women about alternatives to abortion.”
- Read the poll results here.
Enjoyed this article?Never miss an article!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about everything ARPA!