29 Aug 2018 ARPA Canada is hiring – Administrative Assistant for WNAL Campaign
The WeNeedaLAW.ca (WNAL) campaign is a public awareness campaign with a mission to engage and equip Canadians in the political process to change minds, change laws, and save pre-born lives. It is an initiative of the Association for Reformed Political Action (ARPA) Canada. Due to a maternity leave we are looking for an administrative assistant to address our ongoing needs in carrying out the mission of WNAL.
Note: This is a one-year replacement position with the possibility of turning into a permanent part-time position after the maternity leave period is over.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant for the WNAL Campaign (Maternity Leave Position)
Deadline for applications: September 23, 2018
Location: Working primarily from our Fraser Valley office located in Yarrow, BC.
Requirements for applicant:
- Heartfelt agreement with the mission and core principles of ARPA Canada;
- Willing to abide by ARPA staff policies including those pertaining to expenses and staff conduct;
- Active membership in a confessional Reformed church (a confessional Reformed church is one that faithfully upholds Scripture and the Three Forms of Unity or the Westminster Standards);
- Self-motivated and disciplined work ethic – ability to work alone;
- Strong computer and Internet research skills, including MS Office;
- Flexible with quickly changing priorities and duties and able to respond quickly to time-sensitive issues;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as grassroots supporters;
- Sensitivity to confidential matters;
- Friendly and servant-hearted demeanor;
- Ability to work well with a team, through email;
- Flexible schedule with ability to work 3-4+ hours per day (approximately 15-20 hours per week);
- Four-month trial period.
- Experience (either professional or volunteer based) with pro-life or other non-profit organizations;
- Previous administrative experience, including fielding telephone calls, filing and data entry;
A successful applicant will report to the WNAL Director and work closely with the other members of our team, and have responsibilities which include:
- Communications and contact management:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of timely E-newsletters;
- Assist in ensuring follow-up conversations are scheduled and performed by the director;
- Assist in preparing monthly expense reports;
- Book meetings with government officials and other organizations.
- Respond to requests for assistance from grassroots;
- Manage WNAL email in a professional and courteous manner.
- Media facilitation:
- Maintain accurate lists of media contacts;
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with media;
- Distribute WNAL press releases and talking points to the media via email, Twitter, and other means.
- Event planning:
- From a distance, assisting with finding venues, advertising, working with volunteers, booking travel, and ensuring that adequate technology is available.
- Other duties as required by the Director
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week;
- Wage: $18 per hour;
- Location: work will primarily be done from our Fraser Valley office in Yarrow BC.
If you are interested in the job description and meet the requirements listed above, please submit the following for consideration:
- your resume,
- an accompanying cover letter,
- a personal statement of faith,
- the names and contact information of two work references, and
- the name and contact information of one character reference (preferably a pastor or elder).
Please Note: ARPA Canada is grateful for any interest shown in this position. However, due to time constraints and other responsibilities, we reserve the right to not interview all applicants. The deadline for applications may also be changed as we deem necessary. Multiple interviews may be required. ARPA Canada reserves the right to not fill this position.