If demanding that Reformed schools adopt terms like gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation, as well as the requirement to allow gay-straight alliance clubs wasn’t enough, the Alberta government is now telling Reformed schools to remove all references to the Lord as the true source of wisdom, and the infallibility of Scripture! Here follows several screen grabs from a recent letter sent to a Reformed school.
To be clear, we must always respect and pray for our government leaders. But we must also hold them accountable. This government is driven and committed to an ideology that is a direct attack on God. We need to take a stand and make it clear that it is our Christian duty but also our legal obligation to raise children as we deem necessary. The Bible commands us to do this and our Charter of Rights and Freedoms allows us to do this.
- August 29: FAQs on Alberta’s Bill 24 Saga
- June 28: Civil Disobedience and Courageous Leadership by Alberta Schools
- June 27: Alberta Court rules against the injunction for Bill 24
The Gideon Project: Phase 3
- Thank the MLA for their service to Albertans.
- Thank the MLA for doing their part in promoting safe and caring schools.
- Christians do not tolerate bullying because it violates the command of God.
- Christian schools have policies that are superior to the ones imposed by Minister Eggen; accountability results in independent Christian schools surpass the provincial average.
- Minister of Education is imposing his own policies on Christian schools, failing to accommodate a diversity of approaches to eliminating bullying.
- Minister Eggen is denying parents their fundamental right to love and protect their children within a community consistent with their religious convictions.
- Protect all students. No special protected groups are necessary, lest it privilege some kids over others or turn a blind eye to other forms of bullying.
- Every individual child must be protected completely and equally. Minister Eggen’s policies are inferior to Christian school policies in this regard.
- Each student is identified as being made in the image of God and included in the Christian community. Minister Eggen’s concepts of “inclusion” and/or “tolerance” pale in comparison to these rich theological truths.
Present one request:
- Allow Christian schools to protect all students in a way consistent with their faith. The minister should only be concerned with the outcome (safe schools). He should accommodate a diversity of approaches to achieving that outcome.
Thank you for your role in promoting safe and caring schools. I would like to make you aware that Minister Eggen is imposing policies on Christian schools and denying their religious rights. Christian schools do not tolerate bullying and have safe and caring results that surpass the provincial average. Christians believe that all students are created in the image of God. Therefore, allow Christian schools to protect them all. Thank you for your consideration.
The Gideon Project: Phase 2
Please participate in this phase of the Gideon Project and boldly proclaim that parents have a God-given and Charter-protected right to assume the primary role in raising their children.